Angie Fowler Grants Place Cancer Center
The nonporous certified hygienic properties of Corian® can help architects and designers create healthcare spaces that, with proper cleaning, fit their needs.
Meet and Exceed Healthcare Design Standards
Corian® meets the high expectations of the most demanding healthcare design environments. With unlimited potential for surfaces in public spaces, operating room walls, scrub rooms, showers and baseboards, Corian® is:
- Easy-to-clean and maintain.
- When properly cleaned, Corian® is a hygienic surface and does not support the growth of mold and mildew.
- A nonporous surface with a smooth, seamless appearance.
- Extremely durable and long-lasting, standing up to hard knocks in high-traffic environments that can easily damage other surfaces, such as drywall and laminate.
- Easily renewed and repaired.
- GREENGUARD Certified® as a low VOC-emitting material
- Stain resistant
- Slip resistant
- Extensive color choice available, others on demand
University of CA, Irvine Imaging Center, Casework and horizontal worktops, Corian® Glacier White has been paired with Philips Ambient Experience lighting. Baumgartfoto/Sterling Surfaces
A Walk Through the Hospital
See how Corian® is being utilized in healthcare spaces.
Take our Virtual Hospital Tour
The unique structure of Corian® makes it the ideal choice for the design of healthcare settings.
- Corian® creates an inviting aesthetic for lobby and reception areas.
- Because of its high durability, Corian® withstands frequent contact with patient beds, wheelchairs and medical equipment.
- Public waiting rooms and restrooms benefit from the nonporous surface of Corian® that’s both easy-to-clean and renew.
- Corian® can be easily shaped and thermoformed to create special cafeteria and food service areas.
- Operating rooms designed with Corian® surfaces resist common stains such as blood, betadine, and Gentian’s violet.
- Using Corian® in patient rooms makes it easy to achieve an aesthetically pleasing design that gives patients confidence in cleanliness and attention to their care.
- The design flexibility of the material makes it easy to create nurses’ stations that are organized and functional.
- Corian® comes in many fun and vibrant colors to help stimulate early childhood development in neonatal and pediatric areas.
- The hygienic properties of Corian® make it ideal for testing areas and labs.
- Exterior cladding with Corian® means less maintenance thanks to excellent weather and extreme temperature resistance.
East Texas Medical Center, Corian® Interior Wall Surfacing
Healthcare and Corian® Design
Corian® Design works with today’s leading healthcare architects and designers to better meet the physical and emotional needs of patients, family, and staff through building design.
Take our virtual hospital tour and see how Corian® Design materials are making healthcare spaces better places for medical staff, patients, and their families.
Discover Patient Room 2020 at the Corian® Design Studio in New York
Patient Room 2020 is a collaborative design for a next-generation inpatient care environment that strives to improve patient experiences and optimize caregiver performance.
Corian® was selected as the predominant material used throughout the project because it is nonporous and, when properly cleaned, does not support the growth of mold, mildew, and bacteria. The use of Corian® was optimized through innovative architectural casework and fixture details developed by fabricator, Evans & Paul, including:
- Clean-cove wall base detail that provides a seamless transition from solid surface walls to the floor
- Cove details throughout casework design to minimize corners
- Integrated transitions between the walls and the grab bars to eliminate escutcheon plates
- ADA-compliant vanity with an integrated grab-bar
- Flush shower pan with an Infinity Drain threshold
- Countertop with embedded Cleankeys® smooth top keyboard
- Flush wall outlets and technology with TRUFIG mounting kits, including medical gas, electrical, switches and digital interfaces
- Anti-microbial fabric solutions that eliminate germs on contact, such as Milliken Biosmart®, were used to combat bacteria growth on soft surfaces
Interested in seeing more Healthcare Applications with Corian®?
Check out the Healthcare Designs by our Powered by Corian® Commercial Partner Futrus® Solutions.