Even though the name is Corian® Joint Adhesive, it is recommended for all applications for which DuPont™ Joint Adhesive has been recommended.
All current colors and cartridge sizes (50ml, 470ml) will be available in the new formulation:
- availability will vary by color/size as introduction will occur as we exhaust inventory of the current DuPont™ Joint Adhesive - most of this transition will occur in early 2018
- Once the inventory of the DuPont™ Joint Adhesive is exhausted, the formulation will no longer be available.
- 2018 pricing for this new adhesive will not change from the 2017 list price for the DuPont™ Joint Adhesive.
- Dispensing guns and mixer tips are not changing from the current.
- Shelf life remains unchanged at 24 months.
- Viscosity changes – almost 4x thicker than DuPont™ Joint Adhesive
- Corian® Joint Adhesive requires much less force to dispense with manual or pneumatic dispensers
- Non-drip/non-slump, thixotropic formulation
- Less run on vertical applications
- Faster cure time and sand-able after 30 minutes
- About 1.5x’s bond strength than our current DuPont™ Joint Adhesive
- Seam reinforcement is not required when using Corian® Joint Adhesive for horizontal applications in general dry residential and commercial applications. Specialty applications may have different guidelines.
Low-VOC Emission Standards DuPont
Corian® Joint Adhesive meets or exceed current emissions guidelines* for volatile organic compounds (VOCs), hazardous air pollutants (HAPs) and are GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certified.
For further technical or commercial information, please contact us.